Are you a Christian music artist? Do you want to build a larger audience for your music? In this 5 part series, we will explain our music marketing strategy for exponentially expanding your fanbase.
Today, in part 1, we focus on the foundation needed to build a larger audience/fanbase, where to focus, and your place in a bigger picture.
Online music marketing = fan engagement
- how well can you/your music be found?
- how well do you engage with your fans?
- How do we digitally reach new fans and continuously build our fan base?
- How do we create a unique brand that stands out in competitive streaming platforms and social media platforms?
- How do we engage current fans and build deeper connections with them?
- How do we turn fans into a megaphone for our brand?
- How do we monetize a fan base while remaining authentic?
- How can we use algorithms to our advantage?
- Consistency. In order to truly rise above the noise of the internet, you have to be consistent in your music marketing, in terms of both quantity and quality.
- Authenticity. Communication with your fans must come from you, the artist, in your voice. You want them to feel like they’re along for the ride on your music career journey.
- Sustainability. There’s no shortcut or quick fix for building up a solid fanbase — you simply have to show up and do the work every day to sustain fan engagement.
You need to strategize beyond "this year" or "this release"
Market Yourself As A Business To Business Musician
Focus A Good Portion Of Your Time On Gigging
- Fans of other musicians in your genre, or
- Fans of your genre in general.